- Published Date
- Jose Bosque
- Hits: 143714
Ok I said it. Yes I went there. God knows somebody needs to talk about it. We are losing the virginity, the innocence and the holiness of an entire generation to this age old disease. I won’t mention how many divorces in our 75% divorce rate for greater Jacksonville began right here. This is more than a teenage problem that will go away after you “sow your wild oats”.
The enemy doesn’t have any new weapons against God’s people. All he has is same venom in a new packaging. How strong is this venom? The enemy was able to stop the forward progress of a million and a half Israelites who were headed for the Promise land see Numbers 25. It also has taken down a battalion of ex-Christian Generals in last decade.
Darkness will only flee when it faces the Light. As long as pornography is the big secret the devil wins. The greatest war in the Christian life is not fought against external devils but internal ones who war between our two ears.
The church pews today are full of practicing homosexuals, bisexuals, fornicators, adulterers. pedophiles and all these people are addicted to pornography. As long as these people lead worship, preach sermons and sit in our pews, in an unrepentant state, there will be an absence of signs, wonders and miracles. The fact is the more the rituals and religious acts that are performed on a Sunday morning and separated from a lifestyle of relationship with the King the greater the power it has over His people. “Religion breeds Sin” Check out church history of the monastic movement and the present ills of the catholic church as proof that separation doesn’t make you holy.
Col 2:23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh. NKJV
So what can we do? How can we save ourselves and our youth? The bible says: James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. By the way Joseph didn’t run away from Potipher’s wife because He was strong but because He realized if he stayed he was doomed. Only the Lordship of Christ, a total surrender to His will and way will set us free.
Here are a few pointers:
1. Start with the excuse you use every time you dabble in pornography. If you can’t win the war in your brain you are lost. Apply scripture to it such as: 2 Cor 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
2. Then deal with the gates. The bible says that our eyes are the window to the soul. 1 Peter 2:11 says Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul. Proximity is everything. Remove yourself! First you see it, you think about it, afterwards your body responds and then you have to masturbate. For a short season of fake pleasure you can spend weeks down in the dumps feeling disqualified. That is only if you are a real Christian. James 1 clearly outlines the procedure. To beat an enemy you must study his tactics!
3. Make a vow to God, pray and ask Him for help! Job did! See: 31:1"I have made a covenant with my eyes; Why then should I look upon a young woman? (or man there is much homosexuality!)
4. Lose the bad associations! Have you ever wonder why you have certain desires after you have been around some people. Demons love to jump ship. They are like flees always looking for fresh meat. Young people don’t put on other peoples clothes! The Bible says: Jude 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
5. Find a real friend (an accountability partner). Someone you can tell everything to. This is much easier for women. Men are not built naturally for relationships. We have to work at it before we open our hearts and our deepest secrets to others.
Eccl 4:10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls,For he has no one to help him up.
6. Recognize the seasons. Recognize when the enemy most attacks. If you are in citywide ministry the answer is always. For most it’s usually right after a major spiritual victory or during difficult moment in our life. Stay humble and lean on the Lord
7. Get in the Spirit. It is the only one sure fire antidote. The Word says in: Gal 5:16-17 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
May the Lord grant you grace to face the enemy of pornography and deal with you secret sins. The Truth shall set you free but truth you don’t walk in is not truth. Be blessed and may you run the race to His Glory!